Recipe by Vino Girl
From Coastal Living. We love the Chocolate Bourbon Brownies With Double Frosting (#92550) I have listed, and here's another using bourbon, with the added attraction of mint. Edited to add: I just made these, and I would encourage anyone trying these to use a smaller pan (8x8 or 9x9) because these do come out pretty thin! I used a bit less sugar and a little more of both the bourbon and peppermint extracts.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until smooth; cool slightly.
- Beat eggs at medium speed in a mixer for 2 minutes; gradually add in sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add in chocolate mixture, flour, bourbon, extract, and salt and beat well.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting and sprinkling with powdered sugar.