Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this recipe on a news station segment by Mr. Food in celebration of the Run for the Roses Kentucky Derby. This will definately be on my next Christmas cookie platter. Since this contains alcohol, it is a treat only for adults who are not sensitive to alcohol.
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crumbled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- powdered sugar, for rolling balls
- In a large bowl, combine wafer crumbs, 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa and nuts and mix well.
- Add bourbon, corn syrup, and peppermint extract and mix together with your hands until the mixture holds together.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch balls and roll them in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.