Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful southern drink! These were served at my friend Anna's wedding and I really enjoyed it.I never really cared for bourbon until I had this drink!
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 1⁄2 ounces Bourbon
- crushed ice
- Place the mint leaves in a tall collins glass with the powdered sugar and water.
- "mash"the leaves with a wooden spoon to extract the flavor.
- add the crushed ice and bourbon and swirl around to blend the flavors.
- DO NOT SHAKE!
- chill in the freezer about 30 minutes or until frost forms around the glass.
Perfect for our Derby Dinner party! I've never had a mint julep so I don't have anything to compare this against, but it sounds accurate enough!
This was just perfect for us on Derby Day today. I used fresh mint from the garden and we are on our second round now... Thanks!!
This was not my favorite drink. I thought it tasted like watered down bourbon.