Found this recipe at recipegoldmine while looking for a mint jelly that does not require apples or apple juice. Made this up and my DH who so loves mint jelly with his lamb (I don't) loves this. This is an easy recipe, and I will never have to run to the Market to buy Mint Jelly again when we have lamb. Yipee!!!
- Crush mint leaves (I did a rough chop). Add water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Strain and measure 3 cups of mint infusion.
- Add food coloring and lemon juice. Add Sure-Jell, dissolve and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add sugar. Cook fast, stirring occasionally until it comes to a rapid boil that cannot be stirred down, then cook 1 minute more.
- Pour into sterilized jelly glasses and seal. I processed in the steam canner for 10 minutes to insure a good seal.