1 hr 5 mins
This is a tried and true recipe from "Companies Coming" I make it every year and it is a no fail recipe. Lovely with lamb and refreshing on a bit of ice-cream
My Private Note
Half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 lbs tart apples, cut up into chunks,leave the peel on and cores left in,wash apples well (Granny Smith are good)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint, chopped,lightly packed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups sugar (1 cup for each cup juice, taste the juice before adding more sugar, & If not minty enough add a few)
- green food coloring
- 1Combine apple chunks with water and mint in a saucepan.
- 2Cook until apples are mushy.
- 3Add vinegar, return to boil.
- 4Boil covered for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour into a Jelly bag and strain.
- 6Measure juice into a large pot.
- 7Add the same amount of sugar cup for cup with the juice.
- 8Heat& stir until sugar has dissolved and a full roiling boil is reached.
- 9Add food coloring.
- 10Boil until it jells (use a teaspoon and drip a little of the jelly if it forms a fairly solid drop and runs to the center of the side of the spoon when tilted it has jelled) about 25-30 minutes Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/4" and seal.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (3931 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1080.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 274.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 253.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g