Recipe by PaulaG
A mint sauce with a slight kick. Serve this with grilled lamb chops of roasted leg of lamb. The recipe can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored in the refrigerator. The recipe was found in an booklet from Omaha Steaks.
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peppers through salt in a large sauce pan and cook over medium heat until warm and sugar dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Return the mixture to the pan and bring to a boil, skimming off any foam that rises.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pectin, stirring to combine; bring back to a rolling boil and cook for exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, the jelly will set as it cools.