12 hrs 50 mins
12 hrs 30 mins
This ice cream makes a great ice cream sandwich, using Santa Fe Chocolate Wafers (#121407). from the Ultimate Ice Cream book (Cook time includes overnight chilling and churning times.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat cream until just beginning to bubble around edges.
- 2Immediately remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- 3Once cooled to room temp, add the peppermint extract, and a small splash of crème de menthe (be careful not to add to much! If you do, add a little cream or milk into the mixture.).
- 4If desired, add enough food colouring to give this a delightfully retro, min-green hue.
- 5Refrigerate overnight.
- 6You can chill it for just a few hours until very cold, but it the texture is superior if allowed to chill overnight.
- 7Add to ice cream maker and freeze; when partially set, pour in the chocolate-mint pieces.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Ice Cream, Philly-Style
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 34.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g