Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
back to the school days
- 200 ml milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 40 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaf
- Bring the milk, vanilla essence to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until white in colour.
- Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture.
- Return the custard back to a clean saucepan and gently reheat until the custard coasts the back of your spoon.
- Do not boil.
- Refrigerate until cold and fold in crème de menthe and mint leaves.