Recipe by MarraMamba
A "Flavors of America" recipe. These sound scrumptious. Times don't include 1 hour resting of batter.
Top Review by Nyteglori
The crepes themselves are a 5 star. The filling was ok. If I were to make it again I would omit the sugar and the nutmeg. The nutmeg seemed to clash with the mint in the crepes and it was way too sweet.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9 tablespoons strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor blender, blend the flour, water, butter, and salt for about 5-10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the container down and blend for another 20 seconds.
- Transfer batter to a bowl and let rest for 1 hour. Stir in the herbs.
- Heat a 6-7 inch skillet over medium heat, sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour batter into the pan to coat (very thin) bottom of pan. Heat crepe for 1-2 minutes or until loose from the pan. Flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together until well blended.
- With each crepe place 3 tablespoons of the mixture in the center and fold over once and then again (like an envelope).
- Place on a baking dish with non-stick spray and bake all crepes in a preheated 325°F for approximately 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with whip cream or ice cream. Garnish with mint sprigs.