Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a variation of the One-Bowl Brownies recipe from the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate package, which is my go-to brownie recipe, made better by the addition of melted mint chips. If you want to go really minty, you could add a little dash of peppermint extract to the mix, but I think it was pleasantly minty without it.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup guittard mint chocolate chips, melted (about 6 oz.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, then grease the foil (cooking spray works well).
- In a large bowl, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together (you can do this in a double boiler or in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes). Set aside and let cool about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and 4 eggs to chocolate mixture, and stir until well-combined.
- Add 1 cup flour and stir until flour is completely incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, melt 1 cup green mint chips (again, on a double-boiler setup or in the microwave).
- Add softened cream cheese, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons flour, and beat on medium speed until mixture is well-combined (it will be a little fluffy and thick).
- Spread the chocolate mixture into the greased foiled pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mint/cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate and swirl a knife around the pan several times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with fudgy crumbs (DO NOT overbake).
I made this recipe for a retreat for 60 people - I could not get mint chips so I substituted white chocolate with mint and peppermint extract and green food coloring. These brownies were a smash hit.