This is a variation of the One-Bowl Brownies recipe from the Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate package, which is my go-to brownie recipe, made better by the addition of melted mint chips. If you want to go really minty, you could add a little dash of peppermint extract to the mix, but I think it was pleasantly minty without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil, then grease the foil (cooking spray works well).
- 2In a large bowl, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together (you can do this in a double boiler or in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes). Set aside and let cool about 10 minutes.
- 3Add sugar, vanilla, and 4 eggs to chocolate mixture, and stir until well-combined.
- 4Add 1 cup flour and stir until flour is completely incorporated.
- 5In a separate mixing bowl, melt 1 cup green mint chips (again, on a double-boiler setup or in the microwave).
- 6Add softened cream cheese, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons flour, and beat on medium speed until mixture is well-combined (it will be a little fluffy and thick).
- 7Spread the chocolate mixture into the greased foiled pan.
- 8Drop spoonfuls of the mint/cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate and swirl a knife around the pan several times to create a marbled effect.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with fudgy crumbs (DO NOT overbake).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g