Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe that I found on About.com - Indian Food that is recommended for a condiment for their Indi-Burger, which I posted separately. Here is what is stated about the recipe: "This basic chutney is perfect for using as a dipping sauce with cutlets and samosas or to serve with main course dishes like biryani."
- 1 bunch of fresh mint (approximately 100 gms or 0.22 lbs)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (approximately 100 gms or 0.22 lbs)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 piece ginger (one inch)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- •Cut off roots from the coriander and any thick stalks from the mint and discard. You should now have enough coriander and mint to loosely fill 1 1/2 to 2 cups with each of them.
- •Peel garlic and ginger and remove stalks from green chillies. Wash all these ingredients thoroughly.
- •Grind all the ingredients (including the salt which you can add more of later to suit your taste) into a smooth chutney.