Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the web somewhere. Haven't made yet.
Make and share this Mint Cookies With Chocolate Glaze recipe from Food.com.
For the cookie
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 (15 ml) tablespoon cocoa, sieved
- 2 (15 ml) tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix flour, cocoa and baking powder and gradually beat into mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out scoops of cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet, leaving a little space in between.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes. Then leave to cool on top of kitchen roll (to catch any escaping glaze later).
- Put the glaze ingredients into a saucepan and heat until combined.
- Using a teaspoon, zig-zag the glaze over each cooling cookie.