Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the web somewhere. Haven't made yet.
Make and share this Mint Cookies With Chocolate Glaze recipe from Food.com.
For the cookie
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 (15 ml) tablespoon cocoa, sieved
- 2 (15 ml) tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix flour, cocoa and baking powder and gradually beat into mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out scoops of cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet, leaving a little space in between.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes. Then leave to cool on top of kitchen roll (to catch any escaping glaze later).
- Put the glaze ingredients into a saucepan and heat until combined.
- Using a teaspoon, zig-zag the glaze over each cooling cookie.
The cookies are okay on their own. Do NOT recommend making the so called icing. It is sticky and nasty. So if you make the cookies and then ice them forget about freezing them for Xmas or whatever the occasion. I made a double batch of the cookies and alone they were nice. Once iced they were awful. All sticky. I did freeze them and then put them in containers with layers of waxed paper between the layers. Not sure if the icing which remained sticky even when frozen is going to stick to the waxed paper and all I will have is a frozen sticky mess. Make the cookies and forget the icing or use a different type of icing recipe. This one sucks!