Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These yummy choclate mint bites are so delightful, you'll find it difficult to stop at one.
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coaresly chopped
- 6 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 2 (4 2/3 ounce) packagesmint Andes mints candies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and 4 teaspoons of shortning; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Pour evenly into miniature muffin cup liners. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. In a microwave -safe bowl, melt mint candies and remaining shortning; stir until smooth. Pour over cookie crumbs. Let stand until set.
These were wonderful. I think the only difference I would do next time would be to put them in the fridge since here in California it is too hot to keep things from melting.