Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A dollop of this on poached salmon, grilled chickin, lamb, tomato soup and chile really livens things up!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds)
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mint leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Pour olive oil into bowl of food processor.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and onion, and process until pureed.
- Add mint and cilantro leaves, pulsing on and off until a grainy puree forms.
- Add toasted pine nuts and pulse again.
- Gradually add Parmesan cheese, and a few more drops of olive oil if needed to blend ingredients.