Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
A version of the omelettes made in each and every egg-eating household in India
- 2 eggs
- 4 -5 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 green chili, finely shopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Chop the mint leaves and cilantro finely.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot, pour the egg mixture.
- Cook on one side for about 2-3 mins approximately.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Additional veggies like chopped mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers can be added
- Alternatively, you can add saute'd onions instead of chopped raw onions.
Very good fresh flavor. My husband and I really loved this one. It will become a regular menu item in our house. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe.
This omelette is delish!! DH and I had it for dinner two nights in a row because we liked it so much. served it with buttered chappati. I sauted the onion, and used tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, and grilled zucchini pieces in my omelettes. I added a big of black pepper to it as well! Thanks for the recipe :-)