Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Serve this with any Lamb dish or try it with BBQ Pork burgers. It will keep in the fridge for several days but allow it to come to room temp before serving
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, washed and tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup lite olive oil or 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Use a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Process Garlic and salt to make a paste.
- Add Mint and process until finely minced.
- Add onion and Pine nuts process until very finely minced.
- Add cumin& Pepper.
- then with the blade running add a slow steady stream of Olive oil.
- Finally add the lemon juice.
- Transfer the sauce to a glass sealer and allow to rest for several hours before using.
- The chutney should be the consistency of a chunky vinaigrette.
- Serve at Room Temperature so the chutney can be drizzled over your meat.
very nice on our lamb roast.
Thanks, Bergie, this is really good. For me, it was the highlight of the whole loin of lamb meal I'd prepared. And we loved the leftovers on sandwiches the following day.