Virginia Cherry Blossom's Note:
I found this recipe on kraftfoods.com. Very simple, easy to make, inexpensive, and different kind of cookie to share during the holidays or anytime If you are baking more than batch. Make sure your cookie sheet is completely cool before putting second batch on. Put the cookie sheet under cold water, in the freezer, etc to bring down to room temperature quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave the 6 chocolate squares and the butter in large bowl for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- 2Stir chocolate and butter until completely melted.
- 3Add sugar and mix until well-blended.
- 4Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl and add to mixture. Mix well.
- 5Sift flour and baking powder. Add to mixture. Mix well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 7Remove dough from the refrigerator. Dough will be hard. Give dough a few minutes before trying to make dough balls.
- 8While waiting, heat oven to 350°F
- 9Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. A small ice cream scoop is a good measurement. You may need to use a little flour on your hands when rolling dough balls.
- 10Place dough balls on parchment sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 11Bake about 9 minutes - pull out of oven. Tops should still be soft. Add the crushed peppermint candy to the tops and put back in the oven for about 1-3 minutes. This will help the candy adhere to the cookies better without melting.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: