Recipe by Virginia Cherry Blossom
I found this recipe on kraftfoods.com. Very simple, easy to make, inexpensive, and different kind of cookie to share during the holidays or anytime If you are baking more than batch. Make sure your cookie sheet is completely cool before putting second batch on. Put the cookie sheet under cold water, in the freezer, etc to bring down to room temperature quickly.
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup crushed candy cane
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the 6 chocolate squares and the butter in large bowl for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Stir chocolate and butter until completely melted.
- Add sugar and mix until well-blended.
- Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl and add to mixture. Mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add to mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Dough will be hard. Give dough a few minutes before trying to make dough balls.
- While waiting, heat oven to 350°F
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. A small ice cream scoop is a good measurement. You may need to use a little flour on your hands when rolling dough balls.
- Place dough balls on parchment sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 9 minutes - pull out of oven. Tops should still be soft. Add the crushed peppermint candy to the tops and put back in the oven for about 1-3 minutes. This will help the candy adhere to the cookies better without melting.