Recipe by JDame
Round chocolate cookies topped with peppermint pieces - great for Christmas! (Haven't actually made it yet - came from a Kraft magazine.)
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup candy cane, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until well blended after each addition. Add combined flour and baking powder; mix well (dough will be very soft.) Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- ROLL heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set (do not overbake). Immediately sprinkle with chopped candy canes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.