Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
How To Crush Candy Canes Place candy canes in resealable plastic bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet. From Kraft. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 6 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon calumet baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup crushed candy cane
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well blended after each addition. Add combined flour and baking powder; mix well. (Dough will be very soft.) Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- ROLL heaping teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on greased baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minute or until tops are set. (Do not overbake.) Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Very yummy - and refreshing- cookie. I made mine really small, since that's what I think of when I hear "truffle", plus it meant I got a lot more. The only trouble i had was getting the crushed candy cane to stay on top of the cookie - so halfway through making them I started dunking the balls of dough into the candy canes before baking them. They didn't look identical to the other ones, but I will do it that way from now on to save myself a hassle. Thanks for a nice recipe!
I had this recipe off Kraft and made these to give at Christmas. The cookie is not very sweet, and needs the candy canes on top. We used the soft type peppermint canes. They were delicious!