6 hrs 25 mins
I found this recipe link from an e-mail from Betty Crocker. My boss loves chocolate and mint. This will make a great birthday cake for him! Cook time includes time needed to freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with waxed paper. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, butter and eggs. Spoon evenly into pans.
- 22. Bake as directed on box for 9-inch pans or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling racks. Remove waxed paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 33. Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil. Spoon and spread ice cream evenly in pan. Cover with foil; freeze until completely frozen, about 2 hours.
- 44. On serving plate, place 1 cake layer with rounded side down. Remove ice cream from pan; peel off foil. Place on top of cake. Top with remaining cake layer, rounded side up.
- 55. In medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and food color on high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost side and top of cake with whipped cream. Freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 314.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g