Recipe by VeggieHippie
Just created this really, based on some other recipes.
Top Review by Spokanite
I loved these cookies! They are a light chocolate butter cookie on their own and yummy that way but with the mint-sooo good and reminded me of Nabisco's Mystic Mint Cookies. I ended up just drizzling the chocolate over to save time. I used a medium star and small heart cutters and got 44 stars and 35 hearts plus a few that I just molded with my hands with the last bits of dough. I didn't think the dough would hold together at first but just pressed into a ball about 1/3 at a time bofore rolling out and it worked fine. I baked at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes and was able to place the cookies close together on the sheets since they don't spread. Thank you VeggieHippie for this recipe and I will make these again!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 12 ounces mint chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- mix together cocoa and flour and add a little at a time to butter mixture.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut into cookies with the edge of a glass, about 2-3" in diameter.
- bake on a cookie sheet for 10-14 minutes until set. Let cool completely.
- Melt Chips and shortening together over a double boiler or in microwave, stirring occasionally.
- When cookies are cool, dip in chocolate and place on wax paper. Chill until set.