Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sifting powdered sugar over the cooled cookies adds a festive touch. (It would also be an easy kitchen project for the kids.) From Bon Appetit
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and peppermint extract.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until well blended.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten balls slightly to 1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake cookies until edges begin to firm but center still appears soft, about 13 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to racks and cool completely.
- (Cookies can be prepared up to 5 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.) Makes about 48.
These were ok. They weren't quite chewy or minty enough for my taste but my friends liked them. 3.5 stars from me and since everyone else like I'll round up to 4.
These cookies were very good! I made them for the 7 yr olds at church and they gobbled them up. :) Just enough peppermint so you know it's there, but it's not overpowering. I cut the recipe in half and ended up with about 60 small crispy cookies. DH ate about 10 in one sitting; we loved them!
I liked the mint flavor in these cookies. Chocolate and mint go together well. I would definitely make them again.