Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this from a friend after receiving some in a cookie exchange. You could also top with a choc. Kiss. Not sure on the yield.
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- add'l sugar
- Melt margarine and sugar together over hot water or in the microwave. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Into the chocolate mix, add one cup sugar, egg, vanilla and mint extracts until completely mixed.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in add’l sugar. You may also roll them in finely chopped nuts.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets 10 minutes or until set. Do not underbake, as, if they are too soft, they will fall apart.