Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Wonderful Christmas Treat.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted powdered sugar
- Simmer water, melt chocolate. When chocolate is a liquid beat in oil, sugar and mint extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until thick and smooth. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into chocolate mixture. Stir until blended.
- Cover dough. Chill at least 4 hours or as long as 2 days. Roll about 1 tsp cookie dough at a time into a ball. Roll in powdered sugar to coat generously. Set balls, slightly apart, on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan about 30 seconds before transferring to a rack to cool completely.