Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coffee with a dash of mint liqueur makes a nice change of pace after dinner.
- 1 ounce of chocolate mint liqueur
- 1 dash chocolate shavings
- whipping cream (optional)
- coffee, regular or decaffeinated coffee
- Brew your regular coffee. Add the 1 ounce of chocolate mint liqueur into your cup. Add some whipping cream if desired. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
Made this this morning, with advancing age comes the option to add some good booze to your coffee whenever you feel like it. My MIL started adding Baileys to her morning coffee when she hit 70 but I didn't think that I needed to wait quite that long :D. I had to use a mix of peppermint schnapps and Godiva chocolate (.5 ounce of each) but that worked just fine. This is totally yummy and a most excellent way to start the day (if your old enough) or to enjoy an after dinner coffee.
What a lovely treat Jan. I really enjoyed the soft subtle mint flavor in this dark and delicious chocolatey coffee. It was smooth, silky and tasty. Thanks for sharing this gem with us. Made for ZWT7 for the Witchin Kitchen.