1/1 Photo of Mint Chocolate Chip Pillows
Baking Bad's Note:
I have been trying to think of creative new dessert recipes that not only incorporate my hubby’s favorite chocolate, but also my favorite mint. It is no secret that I am not a lover of chocolate and that is fine with me, I have found several other desserts I love, namely anything with mint. I was in the kitchen cooking and baking up a storm and knew I wanted to try my hand with a new “cookie” recipe. Now I put cookie in quotes because after tasting them, Mr. Baking Bad said I could not call them cookies. He actually described them as the best dessert he had ever ate. They combine the perfect amount of sweetness and chocolate, with a hint of mint to tie everything together. The recipe is so versatile as well. If you do not like mint, you can switch those chips out for more chocolate chips, white chocolate, butterscotch, etc. The flavor combinations are endless and I cannot wait to try more. Believe me, once you try these lovely pillows of sweetness you will want to keep them on hand at all times, they are so addictive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cover baking sheet with Silpat or nonstick silicone pad.
- 2Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the sugar in 1/8 cup at a time, then vanilla extract. Make sure after eat addition you achieve stiff peaks and all the sugar is incorporated and the mixture glossy.
- 3Sift the cocoa powder into the egg white mixture, and fold until combined. Fold in chips.
- 4Drop the mixture onto the cookie sheet by tablespoon, which should make approximately 30 cookies.
- 5Bake 35-45 minutes or until just look dry. Cool slightly and then remove to a wire rack and cool 20 minutes.
- 6Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Chip Pillows
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g