Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead...needs to chill. Your guests will be requesting the recipe after one bite of this fluffy and refreshing pie. It doesn't take much time to prepare, yet it tastes as though you spent hours in the kitchen.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, extract and food coloring if desired.
- Add pudding mixes; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Fold in cream mixture and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
RecipeNut, this is so delicious. I followed the directions exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Cool and minty. Creamy and luscious. A wonderful dessert for the hot summertime. Thanks :)
I have to admit that I did mine a little bit different, as I made mine sugar-free. I also substituted 1/4 C Creme de Menthe for the mint flavoring and put it into a crust made from sugar-free chocolate sandwich cookies. It was great! Either way you should try this recipe. I will be making this again!
I did only half the whipping cream and powdered sugar, doubled the mint, and used chopped hersheys' kisses. It chilled much more quickly than 3 hours and was delicious!