Recipe by 197893
This is a very simple & delicious summer chill-out delight. Rich and creamy like ice cream, but without the fat. All raw and vegan! Plus you don't need to have an ice cream maker to make. You can also make graham cracker crust and put the ice cream on top; and wallah! You have an ice cream cake! This only took me about half an hour. It's good for anything but Valentine's day.. Unless you die it red with red food color. I am also making a graham cracker crust recipe and a ice cream recipe for VALENTINES DAY. This mint ice cream is perfect, especially for Saint Patty's day. If you put one scoop of this and one scoop of my valentines day ice cream together, then you have my christmas ice cream recipe! :) Enjoy! :) :) :)
- 2 bananas, frozen and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (or to taste depending on the ripeness & sweetness of your bananas)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract (a little goes a long way!)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw bananas for 5 minutes.
- Place in a food processor and process with the “S” blade until completely blended and the consistency of soft serve ice cream is attained.
- Add honey and peppermint extract. Process again.
- Mix in cacao nibs by hand.
- Top with additional nibs and a mint leaf when serving, if desired.