Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a sure kid pleaser as well as everyone else in the house pleaser!This contains mint and chocolate, 2 big favorites at my house.Times do not include freezing time.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I made this as a birthday "cake" for my daughter, and this was soooo good! I made the chocolate sauce from scratch as directed in the recipe and it was very good, however for someone short on time, a jar of chocolate or fudge topping could be easily substituted. I left off the pecans, and decorated the top with Junior Mints.
- 3 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup butter.
- Press into a lightly greased 13x9x2inch pan, freeze.
- Spread ice cream evenly over crust.; freeze until firm.
- Combine evaporated milk and next 3 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Cool t room temperature.
- Spread chocolate mixture over ice cream; top with whipped topping, and sprinkle with pecans.
- Freeze until firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before serving; cut into squares.
- Garnish, if desired.