Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is a perfect St. Patricks day treat.
Make and share this Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
For the crust
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crisco butter flavor shortening
For the filling
- 1⁄2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened but not melted
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping
- Make the crust:.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and sugar. With a pastry blender or two knives, blend in the Crisco until crumbs are moistened and begin to clump together.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch by 11-inch pie plate. Bake crust 8 minutes.
- Let crust cool briefly, then freeze crust for about 15 minutes.
- Assemble the pie:.
- Remove crust from the freezer. Using a rubber spatula, spread ice cream over crust.
- Warm Hot Fudge topping in the microwave on HIGH power for about 45 seconds; stir, then drizzle topping onto the ice cream.
- Freeze pie at least 5 hours, but preferably 24 hours.