Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love ice cream but don't have an ice cream maker. Found this recipe on the Egal Brand website. Very tasty, and easy. I use chopped up chocolate, and I add about 1 cup of it. Time includes freezing.
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk or 1 (300 ml) can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped don't add sugar when whipping
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine condesed milk, peppermint extract, food color and water.
- Blend well.
- (Color should be dark, as it will lighten up with the whipped cream.).
- Gradually fold in whipped cream.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x5-inch (1. 5 L) freezer container.
- Cover and freeze at least 6 hours.
I like the mint ice cream. It tastes good because of the chocolate chips. I would use an ice cream maker next time. I would make it again.
I added another teaspoonful of peppermint extract, as I ate all my Andes mints before they could make it in, ;) and added another half-cup of the chocolate chips. I used fat free condensed milk, too. I'm interested to see what a difference the full-fat (or even low-fat) condensed milk makes. Thank you for posting the recipe! I look forward to trying this technique out with other flavors and additions... =D