Recipe by 89240
This has been my favorite recipe for mint choc chip ice cream. Depending on your tastes, and the brand of the extract, you may want to use a bit more or less, start with 1/2 teaspoon and taste it. You can also replace some of the chips with crushed oreo pieces.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together milk, sugar, and milk powder.
- Add cream, extracts, salt, and food coloring.
- Pour the milk-cream mixture into ice cream machine and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While the ice cream is in the machine, put 1/4 cup chocolate chips into a blender or food processor and chop until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In the last 5 minutes of the cycle, add in the chopped chips and 1/4 cup of the whole chips.
- Microwave the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips until melted.
- When the ice cream is finished, quickly swirl in the melted chocolate, spoon into freezable container, and allow to freeze for 20-30 minutes, depending on desired consistency.
- (NOTE: when i microwave the chocolate, they melt but stay still look like chips, you have to stir them to see if they're melted all the way through.).