Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
It's mint and it's chocolate. What more could you want? If you want you can start out with only 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract and add more if it's necessary. Also the gelatin amount is approximate. I usually just use 1 1/2 envelopes. It doesn't have to be exact.
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 7 cups whole milk
- 1⁄3 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) Hershey Bars (chopped into small pieces)
- 15 drops green food coloring
- Combine cream, milk, gelatin, sugar, and vanilla bean in a large sauce pan.
- Heat mixture until sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Add vanilla, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Chill mixture 24 hours, or more.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Pour mixture into a 1 gallon size ice cream maker.
- Freeze ice cream until almost frozen.
- Add chopped up Hershey bars.
- Continue freezing.