24 hrs 25 mins
If you love mint chocolate-chip ice cream, you'll love this recipe! (Cook time is chill time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan scald the milk and heavy cream with the sugar over moderate heat, stirring.
- 2In a large bowl beat the egg yolks until light and lemon colored and add the milk mixture in a stream, stirring.
- 3Transfer the custard to the saucepan and cook it over moderately low heat, stirring, until it thickens and coats the spoon.
- 4Transfer the custard to a metal bowl set in a bowl of cracked ice and let it cool, covered with a round of wax paper.
- 5Remove the custard from the bowl of ice and chill it for 2 hours. Stir in the crème de menthe, mint extract and food coloring, and freeze the mixture.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3103.6
- Calories from Fat 2071
- Total Fat 230.1 g
- Saturated Fat 133.7 g
- Cholesterol 2398.6 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 165.3 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: