1/2 Photos of Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
I got this recipe in my e-mail from a Betty Crocker mailing, and it was a 2010 prize-winning recipe. The cookie dough is tinted green, so they are great for St. Patrick's Day or a holiday tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) sugar cookie mix (the 1 lb. 1.5 oz Betty crocker pouch)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (NOT mint, mint is like a toothpaste smell or taste)
- 6 -8 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips (such as Andes baking chips)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
- 3Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
- 4Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 5Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- 6Cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- 7Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 24.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix
creme de menthe baking chips