I got this recipe in my e-mail from a Betty Crocker mailing, and it was a 2010 prize-winning recipe. The cookie dough is tinted green, so they are great for St. Patrick's Day or a holiday tray.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) sugar cookie mix (the 1 lb. 1.5 oz Betty crocker pouch)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract (NOT mint, mint is like a toothpaste smell or taste)
- 6 -8 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips (such as Andes baking chips)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms.
- Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.