Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am not the greatest mint lover but even I have to admit that the fusion of mint and chocolate will silence the toughest critic. This recipe from "Hershey's Kitchen" will satisfy the strongest chocolate craving while leaving a refreshing aftertaste. (This cookie can be made with any flavour chips and all by itself).
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Bought mint flavored chips by mistake so searched for a cookie recipe. The cookies were excellent and will certainly make again.
Just what I was looking for! Spot on temperature and baking time (made mine on the small side and 9 min. was perfect). Just the right balance of chocolate and mint without being heavy either way. Served at St. Patrick's Day Potluck Dinner.
Excellent! We picked some of the new mint filled dark chocolate chip morsels & decided to used them in this recipe with excellent results. I did reduce the granulated sugar by a quarter cup & they were plenty sweet. I could see using this recipe with peanut butter chips in the future. Thanks for sharing!