Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am not the greatest mint lover but even I have to admit that the fusion of mint and chocolate will silence the toughest critic. This recipe from "Hershey's Kitchen" will satisfy the strongest chocolate craving while leaving a refreshing aftertaste. (This cookie can be made with any flavour chips and all by itself).
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups mint chocolate chips
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Bought mint flavored chips by mistake so searched for a cookie recipe. The cookies were excellent and will certainly make again.
This was an easy recipe and the dough was easy to work with. The cookies kept their shape. My only disappointment was that there was not enough chocolate flavor in these cookies. The mint was overpowering and not balanced with chocolate. Next time I will put less chips in or more cocoa.
Delicious! I like my cookies crispy and thinner, so I let them go a little longer and used convection for the last 5 min. Rave reviews all round :)