Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I am not the greatest mint lover but even I have to admit that the fusion of mint and chocolate will silence the toughest critic. This recipe from "Hershey's Kitchen" will satisfy the strongest chocolate craving while leaving a refreshing aftertaste. (This cookie can be made with any flavour chips and all by itself).
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups mint chocolate chips
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture beating until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips to batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Bought mint flavored chips by mistake so searched for a cookie recipe. The cookies were excellent and will certainly make again.
Delicious! I like my cookies crispy and thinner, so I let them go a little longer and used convection for the last 5 min. Rave reviews all round :)
Just what I was looking for! Spot on temperature and baking time (made mine on the small side and 9 min. was perfect). Just the right balance of chocolate and mint without being heavy either way. Served at St. Patrick's Day Potluck Dinner.