Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are planning to serve more than 4 people I would suggest to make two of these as everyone will want seconds! Plan ahead this needs to chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Top Review by Epi-curious
This is a super simple cheescake that tastes like it took hours to make. I made my own graham cracker crust instead a store bought one. I added mint essence to the ganche topping as well as to the cheesecake mix itself. When it was glazed, I sprinkled Andes mint chips over the top for extra flavor and decoration. it was a huge hit! Thanks, Kittencall. I can always rely on you for an amazing recipe.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 ready crust chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in the peppermint extract and food colouring.
- Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Place the crust onto a baking sheet, then pour in the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes or until ALMOST set.
- Cool on rack for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a small heavy saucepan combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake, then chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Store any remaining cake (don't worry there won't be any leftovers lol!) in the fridge.