Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you are planning to serve more than 4 people I would suggest to make two of these as everyone will want seconds! Plan ahead this needs to chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in the peppermint extract and food colouring.
- Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Place the crust onto a baking sheet, then pour in the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes or until ALMOST set.
- Cool on rack for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a small heavy saucepan combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Spread over cheesecake, then chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Store any remaining cake (don't worry there won't be any leftovers lol!) in the fridge.