1/2 Photos of Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites (Freeze-Ahead)
A nice step away from those pre-made frozen cheesecake bites. It involves premade chocolate-chocolate chip cookie dough as a graham cracker crust simply does not do this justice. You will need mini-muffin tins to do this, they usually hold about 12 mini-muffins and the recipe yields 48. And yes, 1/8-tsp spoons are actually made! You can find them at Family Dollar. If you don't have this size or a sliding spoon to use, about 10 drops will equate to 1/8 tsp. Peppermint is very strong; a little goes a long way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (yes, all-chocolate cookie dough)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F and line the mini muffin tins with these teeny tiny mini muffin papers.
- 2Cut the cookie dough into pieces about the size of your thumbnail and place a piece into each muffin tin. You may have some leftover cookie dough; a standard tube will be more than enough to make 48 of these mini-muffin size concoctions.
- 3Bake the cookie dough pieces for about 7-10 minutes, or until they have covered the bottoms of the papers and appear baked through.
- 4While the cookie dough bakes, make the filling by beating the cream cheese, egg, and sweetened condensed milk together in a mixing bowl.
- 5Flavor with the extracts-- 1/8 tsp mint or about 10-12 drops, and about 5-6 drops chocolate extract. Use creme de cacao liquer (doesn't matter if it's light or dark) or vanilla extract if you don't have chocolate extract handy. Beat them in first.
- 6Then color with the food coloring, a lovely pale green should result. About 6-8 drops should do it, you'll be reminded of Shamrock Shakes from the 80's and that's just cool.
- 7Gently beat in the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- 8When the cookie dough is done baking, put about 2 teaspoons of the mixture into each mini cup.
- 9Bake again at the same temperature for 12-15 minutes, or until set.
- 10Let the cheesecake bites cool completely in the muffin tins on a wire rack for about 15-20 minutes.
- 11If serving the same day or next day-- let refridgerate for at least 1 hour prior to eating/serving.
- 12If freezing-- let cool to room temperature and store in an appropriate container with the paper still on. They will keep for about 3 months (but I doubt they will last that long!).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites (Freeze-Ahead)
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g