1/2 Photos of Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
Written for a 9" pan, but can easily be made as cupcake size cheesecakes or in miniature 4" pans (as in picture).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package duncan hines devil's food cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 24 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (3 packages)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract or 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 -8 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup flour, scant
- 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1Gather refrigerated ingredients on the counter to bring to room temperature.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the cake mix and oil. Press on the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake for about 10 minutes or until set. (if making cupcakes, bake for only a couple minutes and press into liners lightly). Set aside.
- 3Turn down oven to 275 degrees F. Place a pan half filled with water on the lowest rack.
- 4Beat cream cheese until fluffy on lowest speed. Gradually incorporate sugar, extract, and food coloring. One at a time, add the eggs, beating after each addition. Beat in flour until incorporated and stir in chocolate chips.
- 5Pour batter into cheesecake pan. Drop the pan on the table repeatedly to release air bubbles and draw a sharp knife around in the batter to draw up air bubbles.
- 6Bake for about an hour (if cupcake-sized, check after about 30 minutes). Do NOT open the oven door until the end of baking. To check if done, carefully move the pan. If the sides look firm and the center wobbles, the cheesecake is done. Turn off the oven heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven to cool with the door propped open. After an hour or so, let the cheesecake cool on the counter. When the sides of the pan are cool, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator. Do NOT cover the cheesecake (condensation will gather and drop water on top). A full-size cheesecake will be chilled enough to eat the next day, cupcakes can be eaten the same day once chilled.
- 7To decorate, melt the chocolate and mix with the corn syrup. Place inside a plastic bag, and cut a tiny hole into the corner of the bag. Pipe onto the cheesecake.
- 8To cut, run a sharp knife under hot water and wipe dry. Do this each time you cut a slice to get clean slices.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.8
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 414.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g