Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is very easy to make. I used Chef Lennie's Cheesecake cooking directions on her basic philly cheesecake recipe and it has given me the best results, with no cracks! I also use a 10" spring form pan, which I prefer, but you could use a 9" pan.
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green creme de menthe (I use torani syrup creme de menthe)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter, press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of springform pan.
- Sprinkle tablespoon of sugar over crust.
- Bake for 10 mins, remove from oven and raise temp to 450°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, and sugar until well combined.
- Add creme de menthe, mix until well combined (completely green).
- Add eggs one at a time beating in at a very slow speed until well combined.
- Finally stir in 2 cups miniature chocolate pieces and pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 10 mins at 450F, then reduce heat to 250F and bake for 25-30 mins more, or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan and then allow to cool before removing rim of pan.
- Chill the cheesecake.
- When ready to serve place 1 cup miniature chocolate pieces in zip lock bag.
- Put bag in microwave for 25-30 seconds, take it out of microwave and stir it around if not completely melted continue to put in microwave for 10-15 second spurts until melted.
- Put a tiny hole in corner of bag.
- Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake pieces and serve with delight to your guests!
I should wait until I taste it to review it, but it was fun to make and it looks so good, I know it will get 5 stars. Thanks for this recipe.