Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are like the Baker's Breakfast Cookie. MMM, minty!
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons prune puree
- 3 -4 tablespoons applesauce
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place wet ingredients in plastic cup, whip with immersion blender until fluffy.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingrendients and mix well.
- Spray hands before forming each cookie.
- Place on cookie sheet, leave room between each cookie.
- Bake 7-8 minutes for soft cookies, 10 for chewy.
- Remove from pan and let cool on cookie rack.
- Place in tupperware with wax paper between each cookie.
I happen to live in the same town as Erin Baker's Cookies. I LOVE the Cookies - Morning Glory and Caramel Apple the best. This recipe is AWESOME. Thanks for posting!
I almost skipped this recipe thinking that it wouldn't be nutritional enough for breakfast. But, the only fat in the reicpe is chocolate chips! The cookie defiantly taste "hardy" not a chocolate chip cookie by any means but tasty enough for me to want to stockpile this recipe in my freezer for the crazy mornings.