Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Regular granulated sugar will work, but I like to use superfine sugar since it dissolves more easily in the cold liquids and gives a smoother texture.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mint extract, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions, adding the chocolate chips about half-way through the process.