1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This one is on my to do list. I got this recipe from here: sugarplumsweets.blogspot.com/2007/12/mint-chocolate-cheesecake.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 chocolate sandwich style cookies, finely ground
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large eggs
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs, and butter, until combined. Press into bottom of pan. Place pan on a large sheet pan.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, until just combined.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in sugar, vanilla extract, and mint extract, until combined, about 1 minute. Beat in cream and melted chocolate, until combined. Gradually beat in eggs, until just combined.
- 6Pour batter onto crust, and bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, at 325 degrees F, or until cheesecake center barely jiggles when you shake the pan.
- 7Cool springform pan on a wire rack, for 1 hour; top with ganache.
- 8To make the ganache, heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat, until butter is melted, and mixture is hot. Remove pan from heat, and stir in chocolate, until melted, and well combined. Spread the ganache evenly over cheesecake.
- 9Chill cheesecake in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or until ready to serve.
- 10Yield: 12-14 servings- BIG cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 202.3 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 9.4 g