Prep1 hr 30 mins
This is one of the things we made and sold at the specialty grocery/cafe' that I worked at. These brownies are rich and moist and a great treat for mint lovers. They have to be pretty good to sell for two dollars a brownie! (prep time includes refrigeration)
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat well.
- Melt the butter and chocolate and add to the mixture (mixing well).
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 375*F for 25 min (if using 9x12 pan) or for 20 min (if using 15x10 pan).
- Topping: Mix 4 tablespoons butter, confectioners' sugar, mint, and cream.
- Add green food coloring.
- Frost brownies and refrigerate.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Top with remaining butter and melted chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares.