Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A layer of peppermint patties gives these brownies a delicious twist.
Make and share this Mint Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25 small peppermint patties
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides; butter foil. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally just until melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and salt until smooth; whisk in eggs. Gently whisk in flour and cocoa powder just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared pan. Arrange peppermint patties on batter in a single layer, leaving a narrow border on all sides. Top with remaining batter, and smooth surface. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Use foil to lift from pan; peel off foil and discard.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Yummy! What a great brownie recipe - my DH loves peppermint patties, so I tried this for him. He loved them. They were nice and moist and oh so chocolatety. Fairly easy to make too! Thanks for posting. :yummy: