Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy to make as the recipe starts out with a packaged brownie mix. Chocolate and mint are a winning combination!
- 1 (22 1/2 ounce) boxbetty crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mint chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, if desired
Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- reserved mint chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 -3 teaspoon hot water
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs using spoon, about 50 strokes or until well blended.
- Stir in pecans and 1 cup of the chocolate chips (reserve remaining chocolate chips for glaze).
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and 1/3 cup butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Beat in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spreadable.
- Beat in extract and food color.
- Spread frosting over brownies.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat reserved chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons butter and the corn syrup over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Stir in hot water, a few drops at a time, until mixture is thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle over frosted brownies.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until glaze is firm.
- For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- Cook time does not include 30 minute chill time in the refrigerator.