Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A chimicurri that has a fresh minty taste -- excellent on lamb or your choice of roasted meats or fish
- 2 garlic cloves (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Place garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pule several times until chopped. Add the mint and parsley leaves and pulse until finely chopped. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Add the vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes to the mint parsley mixture and stir until the salt has dissolved. Stir in the olive oil.
- Will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
I prepared this yesterday using fresh mint and parsley from my herb garden. It was delicious on a freshly steamed medley of carrots, asparagus and green beans and will be equally good on a scrambled egg for breakfast this morning! We also sampled the chimichurri on slices of sourdough bread as well! So fresh tasting! Made for First Time Tag May 2016.