Recipe by Annisette
Wonderful smell and flavor. Nice for a hot day. I clipped this from the paper several years ago.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This did have a really nice aroma, and it made a very spicy chai (just the way I like it). Next time, I might use cardamom pods instead of the powder, so the cardomom flavor isn't quite so strong. I sweetened this with stevia, which I think goes well with chai. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 mint-flavored herbal tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white peppercorns (whole)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemon grass
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- of fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- ice (to fill 2 glasses)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew mint tea: Pour 2 cups boiling water over the 2 mint tea bags and steep for 4 minutes.
- Combine brewed mint tea, cardamom, cloves, ginger, peppercorns, lemon grass, vanilla.
- Fill 2 glasses to the top with ice. Strain tea into the glasses.
- Garnish with mint, if desired.